Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Checking In

I'm still here and I'm still fat, but I'm also still on Weight Watchers, which is a good thing.

Today marks the last day of my first week and I have successfully stuck to the program. The Weight Watchers online is very, very cool, if you're into that sort of thing - gadgets, gizmos, technology, you know.

I weight in tomorrow, but I just started my period, so I am keeping my expectations low.

One thing that I have learned in doing this is that my diet is actually pretty good. In fact, if I had been eating this way all along, I would not have gotten fat. I wish had I learned sooner. Oh, well.

My problem is that I lived in excess so long that now there must be a period of deficiency to restore balance. I hate deficiency when it comes to eating.

At least I gotten away from the excess on my own over the course of the last year. I am feeling really good about that.

My advice, since you asked, is to start small. If you eat 2 eggs and 2 pieces of toast for breakfast, try cutting out one of each. Or one of one. Just cut back on something. Then, when you are used to that, cut back something else.

That is how I started and I lost 15-20 pounds over the course of a year doing only that.

No comments: